Celebrating a Potential Caregiver

Last Sunday the grrrlz got together to celebrate the arrival of Nathan Stanko Cox. Although he arrived on February 8th, we wanted to make sure Mom could have a drink and relax so the celebration was two months after the fact. This boy has his parents' good looks and certainly their height. Hopefully, he will learn to make his grandfather's pickled hot peppers so I will have an endless supply. This was the first day warm enough to sit outside. If this boy continues to charm the weather gods for my parties, he is welcome anytime to MVB.

Babies are cute when they are not freaking you out.
I thought I might share either my favourite recipes or something I invented just to add some value to the site. This week I came home to make pizza and found we had no pizza mix in the house. We had no meat either. But we had a bag of frozen spinach in the freezer. I didn't realize they freeze spinch in litte balls - weird.
Serves two unless you portion control and share with the wee eaters.
1. Saute about a half of a small onion with a 2 gloves a garlic in a 10 inch t-fal pan with a small bit of olive oil for 3 mins (give or take) over medium heat. (Forget the medical warnings. I'm not living 5 years longer and spending it scrubbing pans).
2. Dump in the partially thawed spinach cause you ran out of time to defrost it. Reduce the heat to low once it seems the spinch is defrosted and some of the water gone. Sprinke it with goat cheese and cut up roasted red peppers. Tell me that goat cheese doesn't make everything better - including crappy frozen spinich.
3. With your other set of hands, whip up 4 eggs with 1/4 cup of milk, a little worchestire (sp?) sauce, salt and pepper and maybe some Tobasco sauce. Dump over the spinch. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
4. Stick it under the broiler long enough to solidify the top and perhaps a touch golden to make it look appetizing.
Serve this with a spring garden salad. I found a little salsa poured over the frittata spiced things up a bit. Once I got over the fact I wasn't having pizza for supper, it felt like I was at some spa.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home