Monday, June 19, 2006

MVB Daiquiri

Strawberries Make Great Drinks

I've been falling behind on my weekly recipes. Maybe it needs to be "recipe of the month". After a scorching hot weekend - 35 degree weather. ... And no we haven't turned on the AC yet. I've got to thin my blood out.

I nearly blew up at Albion Hills Conservation Area on Sunday from the heat. Flailing around in the bush for an hour on my mountain bike, I thought I was going to go crazy.

Tonight I found the perfect antedote for the heat!

I hadn't eaten my strawberries from my lunch and I didn't want to waste them so I invented the MVB Daiquiri

In a blender add:

3/4 tray crushed ice
4 shots of Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
4 shots of sugar syrup
12 or so strawberries

Let the blender do its good work whipping the ingredients in a cool, red frothy concoction.
Pour into a tall martini glass and enjoy on the patio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home