Civic Weekend in London
Weekend with the Pavans in L. Dot.
This was the third long weekend this summer that Brad spent with the Pavans. It is all good!
This is Mom's home. It is a little smaller than the farm house but I'd say it is just right for mama bear.
My niece, Tara and her partner aka "Cody Pavan" - okay Cory, a world renowned chef, hosted dinner on Saturday night. They have an apartment just a few doors down from the Delta Upsilon house on Central Ave. I felt 20 years younger that night!
This is part of Cory's family. Notice how they are staying on the other side of the cabana from the Pavans - smart people. At the corner of the picture you can see that Brad just can't choose between red or white. He is some kind of human Switzerland in between the two families.
I bet he felt 20 years younger drinking in the alley.
Cory introduced us to the concept of "The Meat Sweats". Oh yeah... you know what he is talking about. You now that feeling after dinner when you realize you ate too much meat and the body is working double time trying to digest it - the meat sweats.
For some of my longer term friends they may remember my jokes about my chubby baby niece in my first year of university. Guess who is having the last laugh now? Sandi, my sister in law, is the other woman. She doesn't look much older than Tara. She must be having a few good laughs as well.
Remember my comment about feeling twenty years younger? I can attest that my judgement in hats was certainly about twenty years younger. Tara and I picked up these beauties at the RibFest when we went for a walk to stretch the legs.
The next day included a road trip to Port Stanley. No summer is complete without going to the Port.
This is one sweet ride!
Brad rode his bike and met us there.
This is my favourite shop there.
And here is our favourite lunch spot.
Here's the ladies giving Brad and I the send off.
This is my Mom's garden. Not bad for an 82 year old lady.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home