Sylvia is 40
I've been lazy about the blog
I've been totally neglecting the blog. I have good reason though. We are the proud owners of a Zen M Vision portable mp3 player from Creative Audio. Brad has been ripping every CD in the house. I would brag about how many we have on this baby but I wouldn't want my my Scottish mother to find out where we have been wasting our money. I haven't gone near the computer except to pick up a few jokes.
Late August, early September has been crap weather-wise but it is okay for chillin and buying a kitchen table. I also hosted my ladies reading group. We read the Navigator of New York by Wayne Johnston. I liked it, being a geography nerd but the ladies felt like it was homework. The story is a fictionalized account by Peary and Cook to reach the north pole.
The same weekend I also did my annual roasting of the peppers. Take a look at the following before and after shots of this labour of love.
The above is a picture of the Falcon V. Perhaps the greatest bbq ever made. This one is almost 30 years old and still doing the best steaks in town. Just show me a Weber or Broil King that will still be going strong in 2036.
These peppers are a steal - two hampers for $20.
After a beer, here is what they look like coming of the greatest bbq in the world. Lucky for all future guests there were no flies that day - everything is 100% sterile. :^)
After removing the skins, here is the best thing between Procuitto and provalone on bread.
The ladies took a night off from cooking, cleaning and looking after our loved ones to celebrate Sylvia's 40th birthday. We went to Ten in Port Credit. It's not a bad place but they struggle - are they are bar or a restaurant?
Here is Jo and Lisa. Notice they are sitting next to the wine rack. I think they were keeping an eye on the inventory so our Dionysusian evening wouldn't be cut short.
I'd say this was the hottest bunch of cougers in the bar that night.
Here is Steph and Syl and Woodsy in the background telling some story to Jo. ....Or trying to figure out why the guy from work was looking so hot that night when at the office he is pretty average Jo parks guy. You have to ask yourself why we bothered to put the cork in the wine bottle. Was it really going to oxidize in 20 minutes?
Happy Birthday Sylvia! Although the evening didn't end here, this is definately where the evidence trail stops.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home